Saturday, October 25, 2008

faith, strollers and fertilizer



serveral ideas occured to me today. i have become a mile junkie and on a more serious note how some may find my blog preachy. to be perfectly honest, others relationhip with God, is none of my business. that being said, my journey is, and in the same way so is my expression of it. if my view brings individuals closer to truth, wonderful! if not it's not it wasn't intention from the start. I do feel responsible not to hide my lamp under the table. nothing has improved the quality of my life more then God. my only real agenda is self expression.



moving on... running and perhaps sports in general help to create and foster the very skills that enable us to be successful in other areas of our life. it is also my belief that success in any arena without faith and Christian guiding prinicples may not be totally fruitless in the flesh but such skill would not translate into other areas of life like family and personal fulfillment. success in any arena should be tempered by a worldview whose guiding principle includes a loving God.


lastly if you're still reading... i took mia out for her first jog in her ironman stroller. aside from a few adjustments to the stroller and learning to run without the use of my arms, it seems to be a great addition to my training and day with her.



remember that failure is the fertilizer for future success. humility, not humiliation, is one key to success. i'm just saying.

1 comment:

Sarah Kathryn said...

Ooooooo, I love that quote!!! It might become my mantra!!