Saturday, December 6, 2008

enjoy relax regroup reovery

this morning i headed out wanting to continue to ride this wave of good runs. i know i am peaking in the mileage for the Disney marathon which i was feeling overwhelmed by two weeks ago. i got a hold of my intellect and just trained. this week is a 16 mile taper and then next is twenty and then taper for the race so i am benefitting psychologically and physically from the training and more importantly from my self direction. i am not committed to any one training plan i am loosely following 3. i make sure to get the long run in according to jenny's schedule and then check out the minimum from my last training log and the suggested from active trainer. i have been able to run more effortlessly and more relaxed. i have fit urnning into my life and brought my real life into the run. when i trust my intuitive running the part that puts me in touch with my body and my mind and soul then i can push, when i need to and get what i need. sometimes it's not the time or the distance, it's perception and attitude which accounts for success. i read a lot about running and religion and often times when i know what's coming my way, i can go with the flow, relax, regroup, recover and even enjoy the ride. during the turkey trot (which i hated i always hate 10ks too short for me to feel good) i was working hard to cover the distance because i ran it correctly. i couldn't pass people the last 3 miles because everyone is working at the same fitness levels where you start is generally where you end up. having that information earlier would have helped me to understand that the signals that i thought were negative, were really signs or indications that i was doing everything right: naturally. trusting in ourselves and listening to the voice of God who guides our every step will get us to the finish line every time. Running for the right reasons for physical and metal health and proper attitude helps us in the real human race: Running for the crown of incorruption.

No comments: