Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mia, Mommy and Mileage

I took mia out for the local loop. i have been incorporating this short run into the core of my training because it keeps me moving without putting too much strain on my right leg. pushing the stroller helps to increase the intensity. i had no ipod no watch just me and the kid with the setting sun. pretty soon all the Christmas lights will be down so i tried to appreciate them. the marathon is coming up and i'm so glad that my legs are feeling stronger and by that i mean less strained. i know now that if i take it easy on my legs then i'll be healthy enough to complete the marathon respectfully. i am no longer chasing times as it's not my style. time is a kind of benchmark for sure but its not the final determination of success or failure. for all the worry and preoccupation many competitors have, i don't think they fair any better then i do and i judge the run based on how i felt. it's true if i feel horrible and the time is good then i know how hard i was working but secretly i would prefer to enjoy the run and have more breathing room with the minutes.

No comments: