Wednesday, December 31, 2008

think think think and of course dress well

this was my best run in a long time. i ran alone and just wanted to open up my legs a little bit. the good news is that i didn't hurt anywhere and my legs never got tired. it is a determination factor. if i ran this pace for the marathon i would qualify for boston with over a minute and a half to spare (8.43). of course i don't think i am fit enough to maintain that pace for the full marathon so i will run my best without torturing myself. a 9.09 min mile and i will clear the four hour marker. i think that is reasonable and respectable. it will shave off 32 min from my last marathon. easing off the mileage this past week certainly has helped my preformance. i shouldn't be surprised as rest and recovery are the flip side of working hard. i have been thinking about color schemes for the race. today i tried a new sports bra but i think i need the smaller size. it was comfortable and didn't bother me once i stopped thinking about it. am i a girl or what!!!

No comments: