Wednesday, February 25, 2009

i'm back!! anybody out there UPDATED

i'll give $100 to anyone who can pick me out in the photo (no i won't but you might have fun trying to find me). finally i'm back to running. everyone is healthy again and back in town. i took Mia and Theophani out for a run. I was planning on about six but Theophani was suffering through the run i kept having to double back afraid to leave her on her own. The bummer to this run is that my garmin died at some point which i can't tell you was completely frustrating. I think my heart rate was a comfortable 160ish and a min./mile pace of around 9-9.15. i would tend to think it totally accurate considering i was pushing the stroller and felt very comfortable but i haven't run in a long time so my perceived rate of exertion and pace might be off a little. it was liberating to be back out again. a shout out to cherise who inquired about where i've been thanks for noticing. gasperilla is still up in the air as i haven't registered yet if i run everyday this week i will go on sat and register. Lent starts on Monday so i'll be on a steady diet of beans, peanut butter and pasta. Glad to be an athlete not to be a spectator.
ok update on the garim info and my perceived pace and rate of exertion. i just hooked the garmin up for charging and i found out that i was right on. my heart rate sat at about 160 with a low of 142 and a high of 176 and my pace (first mile only recorded) was 9.13. it's great to know my system so well even after over 10 days off. even the day before i got really sick when running with Stavro and Mia i felt like it was kinda difficult and i was irritable. that night fever and chills.

1 comment:

J said...

Glad you are feeling better! Hopefully we will see you at the race!