Saturday, February 28, 2009

ok no run but tons of yard work

cross training like all my training runs are incorporated into my real life responsibilities. so my run becomes time outside for the baby, time for introspection and prayer. my need to get the yard together as we approach lent and mop up the pool (so to speak) becomes my strength training. it was wonderful replanting topiaries and removing plants lost to the winter frost. stavro and i were outside for several hours cleaning the pool and clearing the patio. i was proud of the work he did and was gleeful. Yes gleeful even when we argued about the best approach it was like to pals working it through. sometimes he would go in the house for some hydration and then we was right back to it. speaking of backs we (i) forgot the sunblock. thank God we are Mediterranean. anyway i feel good about the work and the fruits of our labors. i find it far more fulfilling and less self centered then pumping iron at the gym. my only regret was that i didn't fit the run in. sometimes planned runs and actually runs are different. some of my best runs where the unplanned excursions. tomorrow i will get out and hit the pavement. Good luck to the tech girls who are running the 1/2 tomorrow.

No comments: