Friday, March 13, 2009

kids at karate/mommy doing miles

first, let me say if you missed yesterday's blog it's worth going back to read it. It's about running in a much larger context and more meaningful sense.
I brought Stavro and Theophani to their karate class and i took Euphemia out for a quick 6 miler from the dojo. It was really nice the sun was setting, the sidewalk was so smooth, and the old familiar route felt welcoming. I used to run consistently during their karate class (before the baby that is). It also was the first time in a very long time that i missed working out at the dojo (not enough to go back, not yet). Running during there class was convinient and made it very simple for me off knock out 4-6 miles and then head home with the kids. The kids enjoy knowing that i'm around working out too and that i'll be waiting and maybe even watching taking them do their class. Running never got in the way of the other things that have to be done during the day and it didn't take time away from the family. Since the baby of course this plan was not put into practice. but now that she's older and she comes for the run many times away I am considering seriously getting in at least one run this way a week. i bet in a week or two I'll have a sensei running too. after all they were my first running partners and taught me that its very doable. i have been having persistent diaphragm cramping both before during and after my runs. i am working on posture and relaxation to address it. anyway thanks for dropping by my blog and Godspeed.

No comments: