Tuesday, March 24, 2009

verspers, runs and prayers

another great run with mia. we stayed close to home for a quick four before vespers. our deacon is getting ordained tomorrow. Axios! Worthy! tomorrow he will find that although all men are unsuited for the daunting task of "priest" the Holy Spirit comes upon him and compensates for man's weaknesses. wherever he lacks the Spirit supplies. It's beautiful really, the Holy Spirit provides for us in all the ways and places we are lacking. but i digress...The run was cool and easy. the ipod earphones were messed up and the static became a persistent annoyance. I am glad that i have been able to fit in my runs. they are helping me maintain my fitness for longer runs and the more serious training before me. they are more not to lose fitness then to develop more at this time but it is all part and parcel of staying healthy and not stressing the body for extended periods of time and not inviting boardem or dread about a run. I am so grateful that i finally learned the prayer of st Ephrem. It had been such a mental block for so long and today it was mystical to be able the recite prayerfully.

No comments: