Thursday, March 26, 2009

a sunny six (.11) at starkey

today i decided to head out early with mia for our run. i decided on starkey instead of the causeway because i thought the breeze might make pushing the stroller a drag. well this was a difficult six. the ave min per mile pace was 9.16 which is totally fine when i have to push the stroller but the heat made the run difficult. i thought it was going to be a test of patience putting in the time but i was hot and i was tired. i stopped three times for a water break and to cool mia off just in case. the heat made it hard to appreciate the wonderful weather. today was one of those runs when i wonder why am i doing this. it got me thinking about a sabbatical from the whole rat race. but then i know how much better my life is with running and how all the stuff i've been talking about is really true. don't get me wrong my life is full enough without running but it has given me a special perspective on me time, on being a participant and not on going through life as a spectator. if makes life even more exciting and the lessons more easily understood. so i soldier on.

2 comments:

Cherise Dumas said...

hey hope you are doing well! we miss you!!! is your husband still out of town? are you racing tommorow at starkey?

Angela Damianakis, LCSW said...

no my husband is back and we are finalizing arrangments at church with our new priest which should free up sunday early morning runs for me. i have been watching your progress you are working really hard. congrats.