Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Best of the Worst Part

I should have taken Xena out for a run. Today was positively one of the worst runs in recent days. I know it is mental as we mark week one in training. I hardly appreciated any of it. There was nothing introspective or obviously beneficial to this run except this need to get it out of the way. I was nauseated and stiff from the collar bone up. There was no escaping the lack of sync. The stride was awkward. Nevertheless my character is better for it. The difficult runs make me punch through. The pressure, stress and discomfort  forge the gem polish it. The inner strength creates the outer form. After all if it was always fun then even lazy people would do it. At least I wasn't stranded far from home stuck on a run.

The Great Lenten Prayer of St Ephraim:


O Lord and Master of my life, take from me the spirit of sloth, despondency, lust for power and idle talk.
(Prostration)

But grant unto me, Thy servant, a spirit of chastity, humility, patience and love.
(Prostration)

Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see mine own faults and not to judge my brothers and sisters. For blessed art Thou unto ages of ages. Amen.
(Prostration)

O God, cleanse Thou me a sinner (12 times, with as many bows, and then again the whole prayer from the beginning throughout, and after that one great prostration)

http://www.runforrelgiousfreedom.blogspot.com/

No comments: