Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sometimes Alone is Better

Just as the running can't be forced neither can company. I think I am better left alone to run; to get the crazies out. I did not expend much energy on getting back up to speed. My run was not at all consumed with running. I have decided to train differently. I will measure the course of my run in minutes not miles. I will get creative about my route and start to enjoy the scenery. Of course where I run is flat but there are subtle changes to be appreciated. I could break out the garmin but that would defeat running out of the proverbial box.There of course will be the out and back which I enjoy and which is practical at times but not knowing min/mile pace is liberating removing all judgment and creating a more personal subjective measure of success. I'll wing it for a while.

No comments: