Thursday, January 22, 2009

back to basics with xena (zena pasco spelling)

day two of my plan to run everyday even for a quick out and back. i took xena with me. so i am also continuing to intergrate running into the rest of my life. the dog benefits from the excersize and it definately strengthens our bond. as a child i had always wanted a canine buddy. the species as a whole relaxes me and i appreciate its unique quality. she is just happy to be out there with me. she is one of if not the best running partner especialy for trail work. she is off lead then and able to take off but she never does she runs about ten feet in front always checking back looking for direction. it is the work she enjoys. as soon as she sees the chain collar she gets all excited about her run. that collar=run-work time; our time. she hasn't run in a while but she did well. we finished in just under three miles and she started to pace at about 1 mile. i was trying to find my rhythm during much of the run. since sunday there as been some stressful matters being addressed at our local parish and it played itself out in my run both yesterday and today. there was considerable tension in my shoulders and arms. my dream weaver brain tried to stay focused and explore the events of this week. i can't begin to explain here and now the twilight zone week but eventually when it's all worked out i'll catch up and my tension will subside. amazingly through it all i have renewed strength and vitality. caution should be heeded keep your eyes on Christ. when i think about how i let myself be duped i realize it's because i took my focus off Him and made it about a cult of personality. I misconstrued manipulation and staging for Charisma. a 'consensus' doesn't preclude coersion. so i run it off, run through it, and beyond. i have shelved the whole matter until i have clear directives.

1 comment:

J said...

That's great that you took your dog for a run! I wish I could run with mine, but he has a few bad leash manners, so it's best to only walk him (otherwise I am sure I would get injured).

Hopefully I will see you on Sunday!