Saturday, January 17, 2009

life in numbers

8.31 mile/min, 6pm and high 40's. sometimes life seems like it can be reduced to the numbers. tonight was the first run since the marathon. it was just me and my ipod. the night air was cool and my legs rested. i had a descent warm up and then i opened up my lungs and legs. i have been working on my stride attempting to land more with my mid foot and less in the heel. i seem to be getting used to the shift of my center of gravity. the more i wear my brooks ghost the more i like them. they are lightweight and allow my feet to move in a more natural position. tomorrow i am on my own for the long sunday run as all the girls are either running later and shorter distances or are going to the clearwater 1/2 marathon. it is a great course but not feasible considering the rest of my family is recovering from the flu. it's runs like tonights that keep me running. to be free and moving is playful and liberating, to continue a basic rule helps my commitment in all areas of my life.

No comments: