Wednesday, November 5, 2008

committments only please

running is a commitment to a better life. a healthier more fulfilling life. it's no guarantee but it affords me more control, to manage my stress and waistline. it gives me time to do challenging things consistently and to have a workplace for my ideas and concerns. it's my time for personal reflection and this is good. it's not always easy, usually it's not. i can even approach it with a a generalized ambivalence. However it is the one activity which regularly provides opportunity for being in the greater, broader, presence of God's creation; in the place of self appreciation and awareness with the communion of mind body and spirit. The exchange and interplay between my mind and body the presence of my spirit/soul as good steward is that transcental moments. It's one sacred space for praise and presence. Worship is reserved for church. It provides the time which gets stretched somehow to accommodate all my thoughts and feelings and beliefs and which connects all my parts. The flow, that timing, that sense of acceptance and understanding it can be understood in terms of being driven by a difficult task to a higher purpose to contemplate the supernatural the mundane and with the need to press onward. It is very personal and not easily explained to non-doers.

No comments: