Sunday, November 9, 2008

first twenty of the season

the weather couldn't have been more cooperative. i on the other hand had to stop twice to make number one. the second have of the run was much better as it usually is. i finished the last 4ish miles stronger. i always have a sense that i need to spend it on the road and i do. i haven't figured out yet if it is economical as i never really come in more then 15 sec or ahead of the girls. in fact last week i may have been overtaken. i took the splits from kathryn because i'm needy and ill prepared. i didn't fret about this run and surprisingly nothing really hurt. my cardio was in great shape and if my legs could tolerate it; if my form didn't suffer; if i didn't look like i had occupational therapy as a child (i didn't); then i could run stronger and faster. the breakdown in form tells me a lot. of course when you are running, and your legs don't move much, it's not about pushing through pain; its about an inability for them to comply. i hope that these runs push back my lactate threshold. and for me there are no ice baths not cold anything. i look forward to a nice hot shower. i got home and took the kids to church and then took a nap with the baby. thanks to everyone who lets me tag along for the runs. training with each of you brings something special to my training which extends beyond running. i still have reservations about only running 7 next week. i was thinking more like 14.

1 comment:

J said...

Great run today! And also, what a cute piture!