Wednesday, November 12, 2008

gathering momentum slowly

I bought some new running clothes yesterday, some very loud running clothes. All in an effort to help me to look 'fine' and more importantly to feel fine when i run. that was all for nothing because today i ran on my treadmill with a mirror to the side and front and center. I jiggled all over the place and my face well...it loosely fits my skull. suffice it to say that things are not as beautiful in living color. I have to put my ego mania aside especially now that my inferiority complex is in high gear, and remember that beauty comes from within. oh no i'm screwed. a day late and a dollar short. i was able to get 3.515 in today and the searing in my lungs was enough to make me forget at least for a while about the fact that i don't think me feet were the only parts of me hitting the ground. on a serious note i am soooo glad its over i don't have to run for 9.5 hours and then i'm off with the cross country team for 6miles. i am learning when to listen to my body and when to tell it to shut up and take a number. God bless us everyone.

No comments: