Thursday, November 27, 2008

turkey trot (3:40.57 marathon pace)

i hated everything about this run except my PR of 52.28. my ipod was dead, my shirts had to be changed around during the race, i couldn't find the mile markers and of course my watch didn't work. i must have pushed the wrong button. i didn't have any point in the race that felt good except the very end when i hit the padding at the finish and saw my time. i even thought about quitting running period. when i saw my time i realized it was work especially with those hills at the beginning before i warmed up and the one toward the end. glad its over. Happy Thanksgiving!! I train for endurance running not speed racer.

3 comments:

J said...

Great job! Sorry I lost you after the finish. I was feeling a bit like puking if you know what I mean!!

I didn't get a chance to introduce you to Mark and the boys!

Angela Damianakis, LCSW said...

not a problem. i will have the half to meet everyone. you did a great job and i totally get the puking.

Sarah Kathryn said...

AWESOME JOB!! Your Trot sounds like mine last year, except you did an amazing job despite all the difficulties!! You should be so proud!! Thanks for checking on me - I ended up okay, but that first sub 8 mile kicked my butt, which is what you saw the residual effect of. You are a good friend... I'll talk to you soon, when crazy-busy T'giving is just cold leftovers in the 'fridge! Hope you had a great one! Blessings to you and your family!