Tuesday, November 4, 2008

dead legs

i can't believe the fatigue in my legs the last mile and a half. they got heavier and heavier. it moved up my legs. i kept thinking the wall is only as big as i think it is. i kept thinking the only shame would be not to move through it not to wait for my body to adapt. i suppose the buzz from this weekend is over and i might feel just a little trapped by my ambition. i have to consider my gait and think smooth and fluid. there were many lessons on the mile today. even though there was the wave of fatigue and resistance it washed past it didn't stop me. giving up is not one of the options moving forward is the only choice. the point is in the not minding and not fearing the difficulty or heaviness. i am strong and resilient and if all the runs were easy then there would be no lesson; just a hedonistic fest.

1 comment:

Sarah Kathryn said...

First - WOW! Your children are GORGEOUS!!! And I love the picture of you below ... it's always so fun to see everyone cleaned up and made up when you are used to seeing them pony-tailed and sweaty :)

Second - I'm so surprised you had a hard time on the run. I put on my music - LOUD - because I didn't want to complain to you (I figured I've done enough of that to you and didn't want to continue to be the Achilles Heel (get it!? LOL!)). Anyway, I'm sorry it was tough for you, too, but I'm sure we are stronger for it in the end. Lots of lessons to be had on the not-so-fun runs, that's for sure!