Tuesday, November 25, 2008

racing: running's ruin

(i am editing this post because as you will read it felt really hard. i just did the math and the time is below race pace. i feel better but should it matter?!!)
i finally got new sneakers!!! brooks ghost. i like them there is adrenalin if these are not enough support. it was good run in a new shoe a better shoe. my metatarsals got a little numb but i think my laces were too tight.
now on to today's topic. i felt well enough to get a short run in and i like planning to run five days a week especially because i don't cross train. i ran hard, rather it felt hard and overly focused and stressful. i thought about everyone's gait but my own. i like to run because it's playful it's time for me and for my friends old and new. i get to be a kid again breathing deeply and feeling younger; not middle aged. but when i push myself trying to get faster, i get ahead of myself and then i'm not enjoying it anymore. i am terrible on short distances and have forgotten that i am a distance runner the further the better i do. now i know why i haven't done a turkey trot in 3 years. i have to be respectful of my run, my path, my way. my way is the one of a path, less traveled and with a lot more weeds.

2 comments:

Sarah Kathryn said...

Hey! I miss seeing you! Who'd you run with today? Hope it was a good one... sounds like it was!

Angela Damianakis, LCSW said...

i ran alone for this run it was no fun. i may see you tomorrow at the turkey trot