Saturday, November 22, 2008

dead end


i decided i'd run an easy 3-5 which ended up being three for two reasons: 1-my son road his bike along side of me and keeping track of him and the traffic lights was too complicated. that and he wanted to chat the entire time (God bless him) and 2- i began running with a limp. that's right a limb; the side of my right leg just below my knee had problems. my right foot between the 3rd and 4th metatarsals numb and then pain. i can tolerate both these discomforts so long as they don't get worse. i ran in my nikes because my brooks are shot i might as well run barefoot on granite. i am slightly worried especially now that i am getting excited about race day. i am trying to build momentum into my training and remember what i enjoyed so much. my eating habits are getting a complete overhaul as i have found out that i am low on zinc and phosphorous and magnesium and probably iron. since i have modified or radicalized my eating my skin is doing much better. yes i still have a zit the size of Jupiter on my face but that will go away as my dry chapped face is clearing up. God i used to have adorable feet (where did they go?)! my mood is elevated despite the physical set backs and i wish i could get to a running shop grab a pair of brooks and some jell packs. i have only two left and i need to get gas and Gatorade before tomorrows run otherwise i'll have to wake up as if the run were at six. yadi da da.

No comments: