Thursday, November 13, 2008

photos are where its at...except today


i realized some readers never visit the actual blog page but view the post with another website. a picture says a thousand words and my pictures are more often then not, the most interesting part. i can definitively assert that you will get to know me better, off the mile, by viewing the unabridged edition of my blog (the one with the photos). moving right along...today i ran with the cross country team. it was a six miler and i kept the time to 9.07 per mile. the great part is that aside from some lingering aches and twinges from Sunday it was comfortable. my cardio was not taxed. i can't say that i enjoyed the run but i did relish not worrying about time or distance and just doing it. it is my pace, stride and gait. it is what is unique time as a runner and not me as compared with other runners. i think that this is important to emphasize good running good training can be hijacked by the very people we turn to for their moral support and encouragement and running buddy time. when i start comparing myself to other and even some of you then i lose a pieces of the magic of running. I could have talked through the run so i am hopeful about a sub 4 hour marathon. i am still not discussing qualifying for Boston. i just think it would be insane to feel bad about running 26.2 miles. i will run my best race i am more prepared then last time and have more life experience to push me. it has been nice not to have the miles looming like the mob or the gadets monitoring my time like the gestapo. race day, is really everytime we run, on all the days. race day is made possible by running through thr ruts and loniless, when no one is watching ,when nobody cares, and even when people find it inconvenient. runners are made on the run, all the runs even the one's we dread. it is how character is determined its how you behave when no one is watching. "let thy word be a light unto my path".

No comments: