Saturday, July 18, 2009

God is trying to get our attention

A couple of days ago a runner Mike just showed up at my house to raise money for Team In Training. I didn't make a donation as I support other runners in their efforts. He and I did get to talking a while. We both had brain surgery (he had five) and both began running about five years ago. He was a very pleasant person with a will and a drive which I'm sure has helped to keep him alive all these years. He was given only three months to live in 1992. His memory of was impaired and he was at a loss when I asked him pointed matter of fact questions. I felt quite grateful that aside from normal absent mindedness I don't think I am much effected by the surgery. Actually I was thinking how great God is that he turned a brain tumor into a baby. He used the tumor to get my attention and bring Euphemia into the world something I don't think I would have sought to do so otherwise. "This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments: