Monday, July 27, 2009

Running on Heavy

I completed my running for the day and I dreaded most of it. I felt like a thousand pounds not fat of course but heavy laden. I don't understand why training has become such a drag. I know part of it is because there is no outside running at all which has many distractions good and bad. It keeps it interesting sometimes. I miss running places like meeting the family at walmart or running to a destination and calling home and having them meet me. Even running to the studio seems adventurous now. I guess I am fatigued with the activity (running) even though my over all energy levels are great. The past few weeks running has had to fit into a sharp increase in household chores and obligations as I am not a suzie home maker, we have company coming and we just remodeled the kitchen. I am happy to say that I am 11 miles off beating last months mileage and that is what keeps me running this week. I don't want to give up on it because it is so doable. I may need to think about running in the early morning. That has changed I am sleeping in about an hour later and perhaps that is throwing off my rhythm. I feel disjointed when I run. I think I need to plan a long run soon to boost momentum. The only problem its way too hot outside. For example I would love to run to church but the heat is a deal breaker. I'm driven not obsessed. I run to be free not bound. I'll try to remember that.

No comments: