Thursday, November 19, 2009

Disappointing Run and Scientology

Yesterday i set out to run another 13.7 miles to church. It was great weather with a spectacular sunset the clouds where real works of art and God's handy-work. I love the sunrises with their fully array of color which most people miss. This sunset was right up there. Psychologically there is a real difference between running into the light and running into the darkness. I didn't enjoy this run as I do my sat morning runs these always seem longer much longer. Impatience got the best of me for the first three miles or so as i was moving along rushing the road which can't be done when running over a half marathon. anticipating the distance was a major obstacle. i also ran with a fuel belt which has started to feel cumbersome. on the trail there are h2o stations but not on the street. i felt like the camel going thru the eye of a needle unable to move freely as i carried the care of this world. the play and fluidity of the run was absent. we have become like shells an organism without the organic elements. there were those times when the run moved along and i forgot regretting the excursion all together. bible study was great and in the end i knew it was these kinds of challenges which make me stronger which really count. fighting off the darts and arrows of self doubt, indifference and difficulty. orthopraxis was offered space at a gallery to provide my empowerment gatherings and roundtable workshops. the owners are scientologists which is of no consequence to me as it has not hold on my soul. but then i thought about how easily it came to me and how willing they were to host and get to know me how they want participants to take home their healing art. i spoke with lise my partner in empowerment gatherings and told her this is not our venue. we will continue to work in the homes of those searching for wellness and the mystical side. i continue to offer private consulting on line on the phone and in person. business is building slowly but i think the business model is developing greater acuity. any of you interested in following me on twitter www.twitter.com/orthopraxis101 or http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/pages/Ortho-Praxis-Consulting/166643471560?ref=nf
best regards to all and remember "this is the day that the Lord hath made let us rejoice and be glad in it"

No comments: