Saturday, June 6, 2009

dead legs and impact of good tidings

There is no run today. No way possible. My quads are cracking. I took the kids for a short swim and then to the mall to spend some time out. Tomorrow after church I will run for sure to loosen up my legs which are getting stiffer and stiffer. I missed vespers tonight and it is the Sat. of Souls. It is unfortunate we were going then then we weren't. I can't say that taking a day off of church is the same as resting from running.
I am learning that doing small acts of kindness have profound effects on the giver and the given. It is amazing to see the accumulation of good tidings. Don't underestimate the power of a good thing no matter how small to change things for the better. Too often we don't do anything because we don't think it will do any good. It is the devil's way of keeping us true to the small things so that we never are trusted with larger things. So that we can't conceive of doing greater things. So that we never attempt any good at all.

No comments: