Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An Oath is an Oath Percisely Because it can not be Removed

I took an oath before God that I would support and defend to the best of my ability to the Ecumenical Patriarchate. I have instructed my children in their obligation to this cause. They take up this banner with all fervor and understanding appropriate to their age and ability. I have always spoken to my children about doing what is not always comfortable even unto death. Having said this our unfading loyalty will not be shaken and is not up for dispute or dialogue. I am not going to politely agree to disagree or to take a policy of avoidance. Rather in my house we proclaim our support for His All Holiness. His All Holiness is the earthly head of our household. As I have indicated without reservation and of my free volition to defend the Ecumenical Patriarchate until my dying breath. I am prepared to die for Christ if I were chosen worthy to do so as I am willing to accept ridicule and oppression for my loyalty and work for the Ecumenical Patriarchate. I am not a great church leader or a person of widsom but Jesus chose fisherman and take up my cross and serve as I am able. We are not a protestant community where by each church decides for itself the method by which they proselytize. We must follow the jurisdictional guidelines. If such regulations are amended it is not through coercion but through an Ecumenical decree. I am sorry the leaders of the controversial OCA finds this objectionable or if the ROC believes that being large in numbers is somehow going to intimidated the Ecumenical Patriarchate. In this I have my certainty. I will continue to assert my efforts to assist in whatever capacity I am able I will subject myself to whatever inconvenience or liability necessary to fulfill this commitment. My devotion for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has been and will continue to be concretely expressed and expounded upon in this aim. My dedication is operationalized in my service to the Mother Church. So I will be political and raise juristinctions issues when necessary despite what a local priest might direct.

No comments: