Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Phanariot Proper

Today was a simple enough run. Not much to comment on. I did a lot of thinking about the Church and the Ecumenical Patriarchate. Without it as an institution, without the Throne of the Ecumenical Patriarch endowed with all rights and privilege, there is no Orthodoxy. I hope the OCA and its leadership recognizes the pardon given it. I hope Metropolitan Jonah shakes off his personal ambition and begins to support the Phanar. Islam has been waiting since the 29th of May 1453 to take eradicate Orthodoxy from the region. Praise the Lord they are still waiting. I wonder if the OCA has that kind of fortitude. I think it highly doubtful. In all its illustrious history the Ecumenical Patriarchate never stood idle. It don't believe it currently is taking directives from the OCA, bullies, thugs, government bodies or politicians. The Raya (cattle people) (as the Turks historically referred to the Greeks) will not be moved. I don't believe the Ecumenical Patriarchate will yield to the mandates of others as if a herd of cattle to be prodded to and fro.

No comments: