Monday, August 24, 2009

run to the local walmart

I ran to the walmart to meet the family who were shopping for the last of their school supplies. I must have looked horrible because they stopped the car after I had been running only about 1 mile to ask if I was ok. Of course then I thought about potentially not being well for the next mile. Usually they just honk the horn super loud. It was hot, really hot. Then with less then 2/10th of a mile to finish I considered another four miler for the return home after the shopping. That idea was killed when I felt heat as we left the store. That and the fact that the family hadn't eaten dinner yet was enough for me to call it a day. I am glad about 'partnering' up with the strider goup for sat morning runs. Now I just have to think about distance.

No comments: