Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Running Into the Oven Outside

Today I decided to change things up a bit and run outside which I haven't done in well over a month. The heat was blistering but I found some shelter beneath the haze. The mileage is still not calculated but I ran for 31 min. 44 sec. putting total mileage at about 3.6. I ran to the bank and made a transaction and ran home. I think I spent more time waiting on the teller then en route. I used to enjoy running errands something truly organic about the experience. I hope once the heat lets up I'll be able to do more. I was in reality a nice change. I enjoy the benefits of treadmills as discussed on other posts but sometimes nothing beats running outside being en route to an actual not virtual destination. All the pitfalls and distractions outlined in other blog entries were like familiar friends welcoming me back.

No comments: