Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lessons Learned.

Fellow Orthodox Christians,
I learned most valuable lessons. Not every issue must be dealt with immediately. Not every response must be in a nano second. Trust only mainstream traditional sources. Stick to the basics the Holy Fathers of the Church. In an attempt to state, demonstrate, and substantiate that my position I visited unreliable websites for information and then quoted and ‘endorsed’ heretical church jurisdictions. It is a stain on my effort and a disservice to my church. I must guard constantly against deception and move with tempered words and actions. I allowed myself to move too impulsively relying on my own understanding and not the wisdom of established church sites and teachings. Although my sin was in ignorance I still lead myself astray and I pray I did not take others along with me if scandalized anyone. I will continue always to affirm the righteousness of His All Holiness the Ecumenical Patriarch, whose health I pray earnestly for today. I will rely solely reiterate and convey the standard teachings of the church which have always been sufficient for me and for the whole church. I removed what was objectionable and heretical once it was brought to my attention and I apologize for the copies which may be circulating on the web. In His service I remain indebted and an unworthy servant.

No comments: