Tuesday, May 26, 2009

readers and worldviews

There will be plenty to write about in the next few days. But first I would like to thank my readers who hail from all over the globe. Here are some of the most interesting locations. Grays, United Kingdom, Montreal/Quebec Canada; Surrey, British Columbia; Toronto/Ontario, Canada; Gteborg, Sweden; Loja, Ecuador; Linz Austria; Montevideo Uruguay; and as far as Singapore. The list of United States visitor locations is extensive adn covers the four corners. I appreciate everyone who visits. I am interested in what keeps everyone of you returning to my humble blog drop me a line and let me know.
My thoughts on the matter is how this differs from other running blogs or geo-religious blogs. It is unique as it doesn’t get bogged down with training minutia and tends to explore moral and theological demands and how they can translate into real living. It speaks more I suppose about how running fits into my worldview as I don’t check my beliefs at the door. I don’t think living a splintered/fractured existence is authentic on any level.
There needs to be continuity within our roles both private and public. To compartmentalize one’s beliefs and understanding at home and separate the effects somehow from work; or Sunday worship from daily life, is trickery and a false teaching. What I believe actually effects how I conduct myself and how I determine under the leadership of my faith what is correct and true and what is a diversion and distortion. The extent to which I accomplish this endeavor will either be to my success or undoing. I’m just saying how it is. I think that my returning visitors might appreciate this fact.

No comments: