Sunday, May 3, 2009

no title no matter (REVISED)

The original entry for this blog will follow. I couldn't quite figure why i had such a writers block for my entry yesterday. i realized how there are certain topics and issues which i am 9 times out of ten am more then willing to engage just about anyone in a conversation. these are the issues that are most relevant to me and to my life and the life of my loved ones. Such matters include orthodoxy, the ecumenical patriarchate and human rights violations by the government of turkey, the merits of religion and not defining "religion or religious doctrines' in pejorative terms, family values, the non relativity of morality and self examination. Running as you may have noticed is not on that list. I enjoy sharing my love for the run with others and am more then willing to encourage all to more movement of their bodies. I run, but some swim and others walk. taking care of our temple changes all for the better: better physical health, mental health and a more clarified perspective of what is important and who we are called to be. When i practiced traditional karate i appreciated all the tools it provided me the structure the set forms (katas) and even the fun of sparring (kumite). During the course of my six year study i completed my goal of getting my black belt and I enjoyed karate so much because it gave me the vehicle for the first time to change my behaviors and engage in an activity or practice that similar to my faith required a commitment to practice certain rules regularity if not daily which were repetitive and because they repeated mastery was possible. I stopped karate initially due to illness and then pregnancy but i stopped going for my Ni Don (second degree) because the rank was not my goal any longer. I was after what the practice or application would bring into my life. All i learned bought me to running which is simplified and took me from the corperate work of the dojo to the solitude of the desert in my run. Those who have ears to hear let them hear. With all these ideas and practices which are dear to me it becomes quickly apparent that i had writer's block because i think telling you my experience in terms of miles is not good reading and it wasn't what i really wanted to share.
(ORIGINAL BLOG) i took mia out for a quick three. last month was the least miles i have done since august. now it's time to gear back up and put in the miles. i may have to get creative especially with the heat but i can cheat the system only for so long before i wake up and find myself too slow, too tired and not bothering. i enjoy running. i especially enjoy being a runner so i'll have to get on the treadmill and start chalking up some miles. i also should make plans to run to church when i can. it can be my long run. when i meet individuals new to the sport i giggle with their compulsiveness and meticulous adherence to training schedules: tempo runs, cross taining, negative splits etc. the truth is that maybe i have become too relaxed and i need some get up and go!! we'll see the bottom line: get ur done.

No comments: