Monday, May 11, 2009

Passion of the Christ

A few days ago i was doing my run on the treadmill while watching the Passion. As already stated i didn't get to finish the movie yet because of time constraints and i didn't have an opportunity to discuss how it really felt or what the effect was. I felt strong reactions to the dialogue and imagery of the movie as was the intent of Mel Gibson. During the times of temptation and the overt presence of evil i felt more solidified in my convictions of Faith. During the moments of scourging or Christ is torments i felt tremendous liability for the part i played. With Judas i had the distinct impression that we all have a hand in betraying our Lord. The role of Panagia never yielding her understanding of His mission and containing her grief for His pain provided lessons. I am anticipating finishing the movie today and am anticipating the seen when Panagia is unmoved by the devils torments never taking her focus off of Jesus. And the most poignant seen when Mary runs to him on the Via Dolorosa and our Lord states "Look Mother, I make all anew". I was monitoring my heart rate and although i noticed fluctuations in my breathing my heart rate was directly associated with pace.

No comments: