Friday, May 29, 2009

shin splints, speed drills and ultras oh my!

Well its official I have shin splints. I wasn't sure yesterday but I am now. I have increased my mileage and have trained at a harder intensity which would explain the electric shock running up my legs. I ran again in the afternoon which is preferable and it shows in my enthusiasm. For whatever reason when I run later in the day I feel as if I have to get the run in. It starts to feel like homework. When I run during the day its a break like a nap. I feel as if I have accomplished what I set out to do with regard to my running.
I am glad to see that my readership is growing. I don't feel so isolated. I don't mind running and training alone it works just fine but I don't like operating in a vacuum. I have looked into doing the utlramarathon training. To do those long runs utterly alone will be difficult to remain motivated for the long haul. If I am able to hook up even with virtual partners on line then I will be doable. Living in Florida makes it more difficult because of the intense heat and humidity. I have hooked up with ultra ladies and am waiting to be approved for their yahoo group. Here's their link in case you are interested. http://www.trailrunevents.com/ul/index.htm


There is an appropriate place for private runs and corporate runs just as in private devotion and corporate worship. Today I worked on relaxation and speed; the calm found in power and strength.

No comments: