Saturday, September 26, 2009

Lucky Thirteen


Today was another glorious thirteen. I ran alone again and much to my chagrin the running group forgot to list my mileage on the group newsletter. Anyway I got a late start because I overslept 20 min. The sun was just about out when I began the run. There were spiders a plenty today like florescent jelly fish riding on their billowing web creations. I spotted two deer eating close to the turnaround point. One was young looking the other a baby for sure. I went out and turned around and they were still eating. I talked to them. I was more excited to see them than they me I'm sure. I wonder if they know English. Then a rabbit ran across the trail at top speed and a large deer about a 10th of a mile further up.


So today I thought about my new lecture series and phrase "someone I am is waiting for my courage" and "there comes a day when fear and dreams must collide". These are from the song titled "Let Me Fall". Again there was no watch and no mile markers just out and back. It has been a great experience for me. I have been enjoying the best of both worlds I run alone but on the trail with fellow Striders. I can't wait for it to cool off so I can take xena out on the trail runs. She loves them so much. Some of the most wondrous moments are spent alone running. I don't know if that is a bad thing. Maybe I'm just unfriendly or I get the superficial nature to 'friendship' and niceties. I know this past week putting together 1-2 miles on the treadmill has been a little shy of torture and here today I ticked off thirteen no big deal.

No comments: