Thursday, September 10, 2009

Or an angel from heaven.....any other gospel....

(Stavronikitas @ Divani Hotel Acropolis 'thinker')
Running again this evening with Mia in tow was a roller coaster ride. There were moments of elation almost and then an instance when I had to walk. The fatigue was mental for sure. I have been shuffling all these thoughts and bantering my beliefs about the order of things. It seems as if my perspective has been tweaked. Then I thought about about Galatians "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed". Briefly I digressed and thought about Mohammad who claimed the Archangel spoke to him regarding Islam. Then I got back on task and gave serious pause about what I was learning or being taught. [At that time I began walking]. My 'moral' compass was thrown way out of whack. Had I been indoctrinated by Paulinization of Christianity and  misinterpretations: too much Augustine and Thomas Moore? Or was I being tempted to walk down a crooked path? All this contemplation was and is good because I believe that it will lead me home to God. I wonder if God is dumbfounded (not that it's possible) by our disbelief. He created all of us and everything that is and still there is some small measure of disbelief. 

No comments: